Tuesday 4 May 2010

Patrycja's Thoughts, Jetlagged in Sheffield


I'm developing some sort of yearly routine of saying goodbye to people I have worked with. 'See you on the next project', or maybe 'never see you again?' You share long hours in the rehearsal studio, adrenaline, ideas, stress, a sense of fulfillment or a joy after a good show, bonkers parties in hotel, and then everyone disappears at once. Although I'm getting used to this process, it's always a bit sad. It's hard to desensitize yourself. It always takes some time to re-programme my brain to be at home. To slow down.

I can't quite decide if I felt any difference regarding audience responses to our work in America. It always depends on various conditions, like what age they are, how big the venue is (or how small and intimate), is it full house, are we on top of our game, or even what day of the week it is. And is there a bar in the theatre, so people can have a drink before the show, and relax before consuming the rather heavy meal we serve them. I'm not sure, I don't like generalising anyway... It always nice to get a standing ovation though..( which we did for all three performances in Ottowa).

Lovely to observe that performers started to form little groups, for pure joy purposes, entertaining themselves between the shows playing music or producing ever so slightly obscure and hilarious art work. I wonder if any of it could be useful in new show we 'll make...

No comments:

Post a Comment