Tuesday 4 May 2010

Janusz's thoughts from Poland, after America


When I think of last 3 weeks of touring in US and Canada I think of many things at once. It’s quite hard to get my head around it all as it was quite full on, despite having few days off in between working days. And these were really needed at times.

It was interesting was to put 2 pieces in one venue, the recent If We Go On and the production that made company’s name, Broken Chords. Two completely different pieces, yet so similar in many ways.

We have done many shows in a row but this was a particulary hard experience for me. Being less physically active over last year. There is not so much dance in If We Go On, the show we have been touring recently, which was a deliberate choice, and this put quite a big pressure on me learning and performing Lee Clayden’s role in Broken Chords, rather than the one I originally made. It was physically demanding and draining rather than emotionally tiring, as many things have changed since we made the work. Five years have passed and the fun in doing it was still there. I enjoyed it more this time round. Maybe I had to wait a bit, maybe learn to be more patient, maybe grow up a bit more – in age and experience, maybe openly say to myself ’I can do it, I can actually do it’.

This touring thing is hard work and never easy to write about. Dear readers, memories were precious and these last 3 weeks of touring were worth going for and worth doing. As a company we learnt a lot from it. We have experienced different lifestyles, different public reactions, different food, beer prices and tipping and despite wanting to get back home (we all want it at times, don’t we?) I loved it and I thank you all for everything. Here’s to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment