Wednesday 5 May 2010

Fernanda Prata's Thoughts after Broken Chords

For me, Broken Chords has some similarities with If We Go On in that both shows have a need for a change, a break, something that needs a shifting. If I could say a phrase that would be common for both shows would be "It is enough!"

Broken Chords is an easier show to understand and has a strong and easier narrative. IWGO is very brave, has a strong narrative as well, but is not a telling story, it is almost a shout, something that you guys need to get of your chest.

Music wise, is very different in my opinion,
Broken Chords is more lyrical and has something that makes me think about the past. IWGO is more a distorted sound, and makes me think about confusion, present and again a shout.

Performing in America and Canada was great! I think the audience were so much more enthusiastic (especially the Americans) than English audiences. The treatment in the venues were fantastic! Compared to UK, I think they were the same.

The group (performers, technicians, director, office) were some of the most receptive people that I have ever worked with! Every single one was lovely to work with and received me and the other 2 new performers(Luisa and Kip) really well!

The thing that I am most impressed with this whole experience with VDT is the efficiency of the company's office. I thought Jane and the team did a brilliant job! The visa applications were arranged really well. The schedule for rehearsals and accommodation in Sheffield was fantastic! Payment and some unforeseen circumstances, like rearranging rehearsals, breakfasts, transportation were dealt with immediately.

I had a lovely time. Hope we have another tour soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment